Moderator/expert is this forum ? - Working in Germany and living in France with a bluecard

• Moderator/expert is this forum ? - Working in Germany and living in France with a bluecard

hi everyone,
      i join this Forum to get specific answers for my case. but before asking These precise questions , i wondering if there are on this Forum, Moderator(s) or expert of this blue Card which can really reply me ?

to make my case short:
      Can someone who have a valid bluecard and work in Germany can live in France ? I Mean to live in the border and cross the frontier everyday.
      Can the address written on the blue Card been a French address ?
      if yes, what about tax ? as normally we pay tax where we live ..

thanks in advance for your help,

Julien
    • Hello,

here ist your expert. ;)

The EU Blue Card entitles you to a visa-free stays of up to 90 days within 180 days for tourist purposes in the other Schengen states. Blue Card holders EU can enter without a visa after 18 months in another Member State and apply for the EU Blue Card for that Member State within one month. The same applies to family members who are in possession of a residence permit for family reunification.

Within Germany, it is possible that the residence is different from the place of work. A cross-border employment in Germany with a residence in a neighboring state is possible only with a permit for frontier workers. For the issue of frontier workers the immigration authorities at the place of employment is responsible.

Greetings