ApplicationManivannan from India applies for Blue Card Germany
Research and development managers
Personal data:For personal data please contact us
with the following Applicants-ID: 16690
Profession:Name of profession: Research and development managers Name of latest business sector: Polyol/Polyurethane foam Latest occupation/title: Process Researcher Latest main activities: Activity lead for a Technology Platform, New Polyol Development, Support NBD platform, Competitive Intelligence
Education:Completed education: doctoral Title or Qualification: Doctor of Philopshopy Specialisation: Polymer Chemistry Additional trainings:
Preferred countries:1. Preferred country | region / city: Germany | 2. Preferred country | region / city: Netherlands | 3. Preferred country | region / city: United Kingdom |
Language skills:1. Language skills: english => excellent 2. Language skills: german => reasonable 3. Language skills: Tamil => excellent
Personal note /detailed application:An enthusiastic researcher with 10 years of industrial research experience in different areas of product, process and application development, R&D program management and intellectual property management.
• Introduced new market development product for high resilience polyurethane foam application
• Launched a new antimicrobial coatings product for architectural coatings business (Acronol® Plus 7045)
• Improved corrosion resistance properties (by 3 times) of a commercial product for the coil coatings
• Developed the first chiral-at-the-metal center catalysts for the synthesis of chiral isotactic polystyrene oligomers (VIP Publication. subsequently highlighted in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007)
• Targeted customer’s needs via research projects by acting as a focal point between research and business
• Developed IP strategy for specific product launches. Also created patent strategies for different business
• Provided competitive intelligence support to business and benchmarked competitor technology
• Optimized patent portfolio that significantly contributed to the annual cost savings of business
• Provided technical support to customers and represented organization on consortiums and initiated research collaboration with external partners
• R&D operational planning and portfolio management of research activities, and StageGate management
• Supported in setting up R&D infrastructure, built and led R&D teams
• Managed cost centers, staff and projects costs to ensure timely completion of deliverables
• Experienced in developing new polyols for PU foam application, polyurethanes, polyacrylates, polyolefins, and polyacrylamides by understanding structure-property relationship
• Well versed in various polymerization techniques (Ring opening polymerization, polyurethane synthesis, controlled radical, olefin and metathesis)
• Expert in developing antimicrobial PU coatings targeting aircraft and medical device industries
• Functionalization of active ingredients on to polymer backbone, synthesis of inorganic nano-particles, and polymeric nanoparticles for drug delivery
• Synthesis of small organic molecules, optically active compounds and chiral-at-the-metal centre organo-metallic complexes for polyethylene and polystyrene
• Profound knowledge in various analytical techniques related to polymers and organic molecules
Shell India Markets Limited, India January 2015 - Current
Shell Global Solutions International, The Netherlands April 2015 – Dec 2015
Process Researcher, Shell Technology Centre
Job Description: Activity lead for polyol technology development
• Responsible for a technology platform (including experimental program) of a polyol technology
• Promote new market driven research activities for the new businesses development team
• Competitive intelligence and monitor patent activity within polyol technology platform
• Actively collaborate with the Marketing and Technical services team for development of new polyols and with technologists for implementation of process research and development ideas
BASF Group (2006 – 2014)
BASF South East Asia Private Limited, Singapore Sep 2014 –Dec 2014
Research Scientist (Manager), Global Research Center Singapore.
BASF SE, Germany June 2011 –August 2014
Technology and IP Manager, Global Technology, Performance Chemicals
BASF South East Asia Private Limited, Singapore 2006 –2011
Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist (Manager), Global Research Center Singapore.
• Promoted projects by systematical utilization of market information and extension of customer contacts, and filing of patents
• Generated new market driven project ideas by actively participating in business case preparation, innovation workshops of business units
• Supported in the planning and implementation of innovation projects for plastic additives, water and oil field chemicals business units
• R&D operational planning and portfolio management of process related research activities
• Competitor technology benchmarking for core technologies, analyzed the patent technology portfolio of competitors, and created patent strategies for different business units
• Developed technical solutions within the framework of project requirements and within budget
• Implemented project results in the lab and pilot plant according to deliverables
• Established external cooperation with other research units (internal and external), universities, institutes and customers
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Singapore 2005-2006
Job Description: Research, training and education.
• Developed new polymeric nanoparticles for delivery of anticancer drugs
• Trained and educated the laboratory staff in acquiring laboratory skills related to research
RWTH, Aachen University, Germany 2003- 2005
Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Research Fellow
• Developed new chiral-at-metal centre catalysts for stereo selective polymerization of styrene
• Coordinated research projects for master degree, and doctoral students
Johannes Gutenberg - Universität Mainz. Germany 2002- 2003
DFG Postdoctoral Fellow
• Understanding structure-selectivity of catalysts for styrene polymerization
• Ph.D. (Chemistry) Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India (2002)
• M. Sc. (Chemistry) Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, India (1996)
• B. Sc. (Chemistry) Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, India (1994)
Honors, Awards And Prizes
• Alexander von Humboldt Fellow (2003-2005)
• Department of Science and Technology, India, Young Researcher Award for participation in the meeting of the Nobel Laureates and students in Lindau, Germany (2002)
• University top rank holder in the M. Sc. examinations of Bharathidasan University
• Qualified B.Sc. degree in an honorary grade:’ First class with Distinction’
• Antimicrobial composition: Antimicrobials covalently linked with polyurethane-silica interpenetrating network (WO 2009/144208A1)
• Composition containing antimicrobials embedded in a hybrid network (WO 2010/049316A1)
• Aqueous dispersions containing antimicrobials in a hybrid network (WO 2011/032845)
• Microwave absorbing composition (US 20130063296A1)
• Polymeric antifouling additives for membranes (WO/2015/075178)
1. G.-J. M. Meppelder, K. Beckerle, R.. Manivannan, B. Lian, G. Raabe, T. P.Spaniol, J. Okuda, Enantiomerically Pure Titanium Complexes Containing a [OSSO]-Type Bis(phenolate) Ligand: Synthesis, Structure and Formation of Optically Active Oligostyrenes. Chem. Asian J. 3, 2008, 1312.
2. K. Beckerle, R. Manivannan, B. Lian, G.-J. M. Meppelder, G. Raabe, T. P. Spaniol, H. Ebeling, F. Pelascini, R. Mülhaupt, J. Okuda. Stereospecific Styrene Enchainment at a Titanium Site within an Helical Ligand Framework: Evidence for the Formation of Homochiral Polystyrene. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 4790. Highlight: When Single-Site Polymerization Catalysis Meets Chirality: Optical Activity of Stereoregular Polymers. J.-F. Carpentier, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 46, 2007, 4790.
3. K. Beckerle, R. Manivannan, T. P. Spaniol and J. Okuda, Living Isospecific Styrene Polymerization By Chiral Benzyl Titanium Complexes That Contain a Tetradentate [OSSO]-Type Bis(phenolato) Ligand. Organometallics 25, 2006, 3019.
4. C. Capacchione, R. Manivannan, M. Barone, K. Beckerle, R. Centore, L. Oliva, A. Proto, T.P. Spaniol, A. Tuzi and J. Okuda. Isospecific styrene polymerization by chiral titanium complexes that contain a tetradentate [osso]-type bis(phenolato) ligand. Organometallics 24, 2005, 2971.
5. K. Beckerle, C. Capacchione, H. Ebeling, R. Manivannan, R. Mulhäupt, A. Proto, T. P. Spaniol and J. Okuda, Stereospecific post-metallocene polymerization catalysts: the example of isospecific styrene polymerization. J. Organomet. Chem 689, 2004, 4636.
6. C. Capacchione, A. Proto, H. Ebeling, R. Mulhäupt, K. Möller, R. Manivannan, T. P. Spaniol, J. Okuda, Non-metallocene catalysts for the styrene polymerization: isospecific group 4 metal bis(phenolate) catalysts J. Mol. Catal. A: Chemical. 213, 2004 137.
7. R. Manivannan and G. Sundararajan, Latent bimodal polymerization of 1-hexene by a titanium based diastereomeric catalyst containing rac/meso aminodiol ligand. Macromolecules 35, 2002, 7883.
8. R. Manivannan and G. Sundararajan, Transformation reactions involving metathesis polymerization, J. Mol. Catal. A: Chemical 190, 2002, 55.
9. R. Manivannan, G. Sundararajan and W. Kaminsky Switching the mechanism of polymerization from vinyl addition to metathesis using single-site catalysts, Macromol. Rapid Commun. 21, 2000, 968.
10. R. Manivannan, G. Sundararajan and W. Kaminsky, Studies in switching the mechanism of polymerization by single-site catalysts - from vinyl addition to metathesis J. Mol. Catal. A: Chemical 160, 2000, 85.
11. B. Gita, R. Manivannan and G. Sundararajan, Studies on the nature of active species in W(CO)6/CCl4/h? system as applied to metathesis polymerization reactions J. Organomet. Chem. 601, 2000, 16.