ApplicationManivannan from India applies for Blue Card Germany
Research and development managers
Personal data:For personal data please contact us
with the following Applicants-ID: 16690
Profession:Name of profession: Research and development managers Name of latest business sector: Polyol/Polyurethane foam Latest occupation/title: Process Researcher Latest main activities: Activity lead for a Technology Platform, New Polyol Development, Support NBD platform, Competitive Intelligence
Education:Completed education: doctoral Title or Qualification: Doctor of Philopshopy Specialisation: Polymer Chemistry Additional trainings:
Preferred countries:1. Preferred country | region / city: Germany | 2. Preferred country | region / city: Netherlands | 3. Preferred country | region / city: United Kingdom |
Language skills:1. Language skills: english => excellent 2. Language skills: 3. Language skills: Tamil => excellent
Personal note /detailed application:Profile Summary
An enthusiastic researcher with 10 years of industrial experience in different areas of product/ process and application development, R&D portfolio management and IP management
• Experienced in developing polyols, polyurethanes, polyacrylates, polyolefins, and polyacrylamides
• Well versed in ring opening polymerization, polyurethane synthesis, controlled radical, olefin and metathesis polymerization
• Expert in developing antimicrobial coatings targeting aircraft and medical device industries
• Functionalization of active ingredients on to polymer backbone, synthesis of inorganic nano-particles, and polymeric nanoparticles for drug delivery
• Synthesis of small organic molecules, optically active compounds and chiral-at-the-metal centre organo-metallic complexes for polyethylene and polystyrene
• Successfully led teams to
• Transfer antimicrobial coatings project from basic research to architectural coatings business unit
• Improve corrosion resistance properties (by 3 times) of a commercial product for the coil coatings business
• Established polymers with linked actives technology platform for different applications
Technical /Professional Expertise
• R&D operational planning and portfolio management of research activities via PhaseGate management
• Targeted customer’s needs via research projects by acting as a focal point between research teams and business
• Provided technical support to customers, represented organization on consortiums and initiated research collaboration with external partners
• Provided competitive intelligence support to business and benchmarked competitor technology
• Supported the team in evaluating strategic options for alternative raw materials
• Successfully created patent strategies for different business units
• Optimized patent portfolio that significantly contributed to the annual cost savings of business
• Supported in setting up R&D infrastructure, built and led R&D teams
• Managed cost centers, staff and projects costs to ensure timely completion of deliverables
• Developed the first chiral-at-the-metal centre catalysts for the synthesis of chiral isotactic polystyrene oligomers (VIP Publication. Subsequently highlighted in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007)
Shell India Markets Limited, India January 2015 - Current
Shell Global Solutions International, The Netherlands April 2015 – Dec 2015
Process Researcher, Shell Technology Centre
Job Description: Activity lead for polyol technology development
• Responsible for a technology platform (including experimental program) for a polyol technology
• Support New businesses development platform for new market driven research activities
• Actively collaborate with market and technology services team to identify and implement process and product development ideas that supports customer needs
• Responsible for patent activities within the technology platform
BASF Group (2006 – 2014)
BASF South East Asia Private Limited, Singapore Sep 2014 –Dec 2014
Senior Research Scientist (Manager), Global Research Center Singapore.
Job Description: Project management, innovation management, and lab management.
• Generated new market driven project ideas by actively participating with business
BASF SE, Germany June 2011 –August 2014
Technology and IP Manager, Global Technology, Performance Chemicals
Job Description: Technology management, R&D portfolio management, and IP management.
• Supported in the planning and implementation of innovation projects for plastic additives, water and oil field chemicals business units
• R&D operational planning and portfolio management of process related research activities, and PhaseGate management
• Developed network with the different research units of the BASF
• Competitor technology benchmarking for core technologies, analyzed the patent technology portfolio of competitors, and created patent strategies for different business units
BASF South East Asia Private Limited, Singapore 2006 –2011
Research Scientist (Manager), Global Research Center Singapore.
Job Description: Project management, innovation management, lab management, and collaboration.
• Developed technical solutions within the framework of project requirements and within budget
• Implemented project results in the lab and pilot plant according to deliverables
• Promoted projects by systematical utilization of market information and extension of customer contacts, and filing of patents
• Generated new market driven project ideas by actively participating in business case preparation, innovation workshops of business units
• Established external cooperation with other units, universities, institutes and customers
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Singapore 2005-2006
Job Description: Research, training and education.
• Developed new polymeric nanoparticles for delivery of anticancer drugs
• Trained and educated the laboratory staff in acquiring laboratory skills related to research
RWTH, Aachen University, Germany 2003- 2005
Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Research Fellow
• Developed new chiral-at-metal centre catalysts for stereo selective polymerization of styrene
• Coordinated research projects for master degree, and doctoral students
Johannes Gutenberg - Universität Mainz. Germany 2002- 2003
DFG Postdoctoral Fellow
• Understanding structure-selectivity of catalysts for styrene polymerization
• Ph.D. (Chemistry) Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India (2002)
• M. Sc. (Chemistry) Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, India (1996)
• B. Sc. (Chemistry) Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, India (1994)
Honors, Awards and Prizes
• Alexander von Humboldt Fellow (2003-2005)
• Department of Science and Technology, India, Young Researcher Award for participation in the meeting of the Nobel Laureates and students in Lindau, Germany (2002)
• University top rank holder in the M. Sc. examinations of Bharathidasan University
• Qualified B.Sc. degree in an honorary grade:’ First class with Distinction’
• Antimicrobial composition: Antimicrobials covalently linked with polyurethane-silica interpenetrating network (WO 2009/144208A1)
• Composition containing antimicrobials embedded in a hybrid network (WO 2010/049316A1)
• Aqueous dispersions containing antimicrobials in a hybrid network (WO 2011/032845)
• Microwave absorbing composition (US 20130063296A1)
• New biocides containing silane functionalities (PF 75769)
• Polymeric antifouling additives for membranes (WO/2015/075178)
1. G.-J. M. Meppelder, K. Beckerle, R.. Manivannan, B. Lian, G. Raabe, T. P. Spaniol, J. Okuda, Enantiomerically Pure Titanium Complexes Containing a [OSSO]-Type Bis(phenolate) Ligand: Synthesis, Structure and Formation of Optically Active Oligostyrenes. Chem. Asian J. 3, 2008, 1312.
2. K. Beckerle, R. Manivannan, B. Lian, G.-J. M. Meppelder, G. Raabe, T. P. Spaniol, H. Ebeling, F. Pelascini, R. Mülhaupt, J. Okuda. Stereospecific Styrene Enchainment at a Titanium Site within an Helical Ligand Framework: Evidence for the Formation of Homochiral Polystyrene. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 4790. Highlight: When Single-Site Polymerization Catalysis Meets Chirality: Optical Activity of Stereoregular Polymers. J.-F. Carpentier, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 46, 2007, 4790.
3. K. Beckerle, R. Manivannan, T. P. Spaniol and J. Okuda, Living Isospecific Styrene Polymerization By Chiral Benzyl Titanium Complexes That Contain a Tetradentate [OSSO]-Type Bis(phenolato) Ligand. Organometallics 25, 2006, 3019.
4. C. Capacchione, R. Manivannan, M. Barone, K. Beckerle, R. Centore, L. Oliva, A. Proto, T.P. Spaniol, A. Tuzi and J. Okuda. Isospecific styrene polymerization by chiral titanium complexes that contain a tetradentate [osso]-type bis(phenolato) ligand. Organometallics 24, 2005, 2971.
5. K. Beckerle, C. Capacchione, H. Ebeling, R. Manivannan, R. Mulhäupt, A. Proto, T. P. Spaniol and J. Okuda, Stereospecific post-metallocene polymerization catalysts: the example of isospecific styrene polymerization. J. Organomet. Chem 689, 2004, 4636.
6. C. Capacchione, A. Proto, H. Ebeling, R. Mulhäupt, K. Möller, R. Manivannan, T. P. Spaniol, J. Okuda, Non-metallocene catalysts for the styrene polymerization: isospecific group 4 metal bis(phenolate) catalysts J. Mol. Catal. A: Chemical. 213, 2004 137.
7. R. Manivannan and G. Sundararajan, Latent bimodal polymerization of 1-hexene by a titanium based diastereomeric catalyst containing rac/meso aminodiol ligand. Macromolecules 35, 2002, 7883.
8. R. Manivannan and G. Sundararajan, Transformation reactions involving metathesis polymerization, J. Mol. Catal. A: Chemical 190, 2002, 55.
9. R. Manivannan, G. Sundararajan and W. Kaminsky Switching the mechanism of polymerization from vinyl addition to metathesis using single-site catalysts, Macromol. Rapid Commun. 21, 2000, 968.
10. R. Manivannan, G. Sundararajan and W. Kaminsky, Studies in switching the mechanism of polymerization by single-site catalysts - from vinyl addition to metathesis J. Mol. Catal. A: Chemical 160, 2000, 85.
11. B. Gita, R. Manivannan and G. Sundararajan, Studies on the nature of active species in W(CO)6/CCl4/h? system as applied to metathesis polymerization reactions J. Organomet. Chem. 601, 2000, 16.
Date of birth: 16 August 1974
Martial status: Married with 2 children
Germany visa: Blue card holder (Dormant)
Language skill: English, Tamil, Sourashtra, German (Basic)